I can't believe I haven't posted on this blog for over 5 months! I haven't been all that great at updating my family blog but this one has really gotten neglected. Maybe I feel like so much has gone on the last little while that it's hard for me to know where to start. Maybe I'm scared to slow down and actually write about what goes on in my head (and to put it out there for all 2 of you who may still check this to read) because that's what this blog is...an outlet for my crazy thinking. Maybe I simply lack the time and energy to do much other than take care of the world's busiest 2 year-old (those of you with toddlers may disagree with me but come spend a day at my house and you'll be be convinced your kids are angels) and a 2 month old that likes to be held 24/7 (or at least carried around in the baby bjorn).
Friday, April 8, 2011
Resurrecting this blog...and my 30 day challenge!
However, the last 2 weeks have been insanely hard and I've decided I desperately need this outlet. Maybe I'll regret putting some of my private struggles out there on a public blog but honestly at this point I am willing to try ANYTHING if it will help me with the difficult path ahead of me. I'm not going to get into the details right this minute, but as of about a week ago I am making some HUGE changes in my life. Don't worry, I'm not talking huge changes like deciding to move our family to Mexico or anything, in fact most people who know me might not even realize I was making these changes if I didn't tell them...but they're insanely HARD and overwhelmingly BIG to me.
I've always heard it takes 21 days to make or break a habit. I think I'm one of those people that's super resistant to change and from personal experience I feel like it takes longer than that, but I do think that after about a month of sticking with hard changes things start to get easier. So that's where my 30 day challenge comes in. I'm committing to blog every day for the next month (unless I get hit by a car or am deathly sick or something) because I think being consistent at sharing some of my thoughts and struggles on here will help me be consistent with the changes I'm trying to make. Some of my posts might be as short as "help" and some may be so long that I'll put you to sleep in the first paragraph. Maybe after a month I'll decide I really enjoy blogging and I'll keep doing it more frequently or maybe I'll never want to set my eyes on blogger again. Either way, I think this will be good for me and if not, heck it's only 30 days!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Court, you are awesome! Ah! I can't believe we haven't seen little Hannah yet... we'll be there for her blessing though! Miss you!
You are such an insipriation to me! I hope you know that. I am here for you, and since I only have one 2 month old I can't even imagine what you are going through yet.
If you need a babysitter, or want to come hang out with just you or your kids you are more than welcome anytime!
Love you cuz!
Post a Comment