I realized a couple important things this morning:
- There is no use analyzing things when I'm tired...I'm too emotional and irrational to trust my thinking
- Everything is harder and more overwhelming when you're sleep deprived
- When I'm exhausted my head tends to spin and spin which leads to confusion and an onslaught of negative thoughts
Notice a particular theme here? I don't know why it took me so long to catch on; I've been wondering why the last few days have been so hard and then it hit me...I've been getting practically NO sleep!
So today, rather than focusing on whether or not I CAN do this, or whether I WANT to do this, I'm just going to take it easy and try to get some rest. One of my biggest weaknesses (in all areas of my life) is I tend to push SO hard, wear myself out, and then get discouraged when I can't keep it up. It's like I try to sprint marathons and then get down on myself when I crash at mile 10!
I'm going to work on pacing myself. Maybe that means I have to slow down a bit...but as the saying goes, slow and steady wins the race!

3 comments:
Courtney - we are with you every step of the way!!!!
You are loved!!! We always hope that you will feel our love across the miles!And we really hope that today will be a restful day!!
Take it easy - don't push too hard - thank you for teaching us with yor wisdom - You really are so wise and so well thought out!
We love you dearly!
Mom - the anonymom!! :)
Courtney, I believe everyone feels down when sleep deprived!! Don't be hard on yourself. I think that is why so many new mommies have postpartum depression. You have chosen to kill Ed right in the middle of just giving birth. You are to be commended in every way!! You will win this race!!!!!
I would love to talk photography with you!!
Hey Court,
I'm excited to see you next Friday. Hopefully that will give you a little break from the kiddos and you can just chat and have fun. It's always good to see you. Take care :)
Post a Comment