Monday, May 9, 2011

We've become a family of zombies!

If you try to call, or stop by, in the middle of the day and we're nowhere to be found it's probably because we're sleeping.

Apparently Johnny's decided that it's too scary to sleep at night (despite 3 nightlights in his room, including one really cool portable moon nightlight that changes colors). Last night he woke up at 3 am...and didn't go back to sleep until he finally went down for a nap at 11 am.

Unfortunately it's not that he doesn't NEED the sleep, in fact I think he needs sleep right now more than he ever has. He is still recovering from a rough week of being sick and he gets so moody when he's tired (just like his mama).

I have been trying so hard lately to be positive because I feel like the more I focus on the hard aspects of life the more it brings me down. But I'm having a rough time being positive because my brain is SO SO TIRED I can barely think straight.

I'm praying that we can start getting more sleep around here, or that maybe somehow I'll be able to function better on less sleep. I have been working SO hard the last couple weeks and it's frustrating to see my motivation, determination, persistence, commitment, and all those other things I've been working on start to slide just because my body and mind are depleted. I'm not trying to make excuses for the fact that I haven't been doing as well the last few days, because no matter how difficult external circumstances may be, ultimately I STILL
have the power to choose how to react. But getting zero sleep is making this already difficult process of whole lot harder.

1 comments:

Keely said...

Phee is in a "leave the light on" phase right now (despite having a nightlight.) Abby has resorted to leaving the kitchen light on (which streams light into her room) but it only helps her stay awake and sing, sneakily play with toys in her room, etc....

I would take them to the emergency babysitters and take a few hours nap. You could leave your kiddo's with me (I could come over) or something. If I were a mom and was in that dire need of sleep, I would not hesitate to take them to daycare or a babysitters for a little bit while I re-coup. (Maybe I'm biased because Abby (my little sis) works at a daycare) or I could ask Kirsi. I just know that sometimes I need a break- a real one- or else I'd go insane. Honestly, I don't know what I'd do if I had kids right now. They need SO MUCH and it's hard to replenish yourself when you are constantly giving (not only in cleaning, changing diapers, carting a heavy babycarrier and screaming toddler to the store, etc but also emotionally.) I do not envy your sleepiness. But I am here if you need a break. :)