Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Exposure therapy and croup, again?!!

After I published my last post the other day I glanced at the computer and realized I'd made a silly typo (I think I wrote managed instead of manage). I momentarily panicked, hoping no one had seen my embarrassing error and I was just about to edit it when the computer shut down because the battery was dead. I was in a rush trying to get some things done and as I hurried off to find the power cord I realized something pretty profound...who cares if I make a typo! What's the worst that could happen from leaving it there--someone who reads my blog thinks I have bad grammar?

So rather than taking the time to fix it when I already had 101 more important things to do I decided to PURPOSEFULLY leave it there. It was a little exposure therapy to prove to myself that I can make mistakes, even put them out there publicly, and still be okay. Other people don't judge us the way we judge ourselves. In fact, I actually like being around people who are comfortable enough to make mistakes and not always try to cover them up. It makes them real, genuine, approachable, and it's refreshing! So here's to being okay with my less than perfect blog posts!

On another note, Johnny has croup AGAIN! He had it a couple weeks before Hannah was born and it was pretty miserable, but I think this go-round may be even worse. The doctor told us he has borderline asthma (which I'm hoping he'll grow out of) because when he get's sick his breathing get's really labored and it sounds like he's suffocating. Poor kid has been waking up for hours every night feeling so horrible and uncomfortable. I'm hoping tonight will be better and not worse because I'm pretty wasted after getting no sleep the last two nights. Thankfully I am on a little adventure with the kids (more on that later) and I've got some great people around to help out!

5 comments:

Katie said...

Oh Court, I'm sorry you are going through this! I hope he gets better soon! Lots of loves headed your way...

Keely said...

Noooo! I hope both you guys get feeling better. When you get back, I would love to hang out. I can even babysit while you sleep. :) I'll keep my fingers crossed Hannah doesn't get sick too. (hug)

Keely said...

P.S- I didn't even notice your typo. It is true- no one cares about your bad grammar. he he he :) Besides it's your blog, you can write what you want. :)

Julie said...

Poor guy! I'm so sorry! I hope you guys are getting spoiled wherever you are. I'm glad to hear that you're surrounded by people to help. When Maizie was 3 weeks old I went to San Diego with Sam, Tuck and my parents because I needed help!! I loved it.
Oh and I make typos on my blog all the time. If it makes you feel better, I read your blog everyday and I even didn't notice it!
Hannah looks so beautiful and perfect in her blessing pictures. What a pretty girl :)
Love you Court!

Katie M. said...

Johnny! Get better and let your mommy sleep and rest! You hear?

Gosh Court. I am sorry. Croup- blah. AWFUL!