Yes, we are alive...but just barely. Johnny is finally on the up and up but unfortunately he's passed the yucky virus on to big J and myself (miraculously Hannah has made it through this one unscathed, as of now, and hopefully we can keep it that way!).
Not only have we survived Johnny's croup attacks, but I also hauled both kids--and my brother Paul for moral support--up to Boise and back this week (I would've mentioned this earlier but I'm extremely paranoid when it comes to putting things like leaving town on this blog since it's public...but I have no fear of detailing my excursions once I'm back!). I figured it was time for another parental visit and I guess I picked a good week to escape up there because I definitely needed the help.
My mom was a saint--she spent hours each night making humidifier tents for little J, taking him into the steamy bathroom or going out with us in the cool night air when he was waking up over and over again (or more like not ever going to sleep) because he couldn't breathe.
We finally had to put him on steroids because his airways were so constricted and it helped his breathing a ton...but unfortunately the side effects are agitation, increased energy, insomnia, and in Johnny's case extreme hyperactivity (as if he's not already hyperactive enough!). So now he's not waking up suffocating but his sleep hasn't been much better.
Needless to say, we are REALLY tired around here. I feel like a walking zombie and I think I may ask John if my Mother's Day present can be a 2-day long nap (minus maybe 3 hours for church on Sunday).
Friday, May 6, 2011
Are we alive?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Ugh.
Courtney, I am EXHAUSTED just thinking about this. You guys have been through the croup ringer and I sure hope it starts looking more UP soon. It will. Get a nap tomorrow and take it easy next week. Cute little J- bless his heart- I hope the steriods are helping!!!
HAPPY mother's day to yoU! You're incredible! A rock!
Court,
I am so sorry you guys are going through all this! I hope you can have a relaxing day... heaven knows you need it! Love you!
Post a Comment