Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day!

Today I am grateful for these two beautiful women:



I don't know how I was lucky enough to end up with the world's greatest mom and mother-in-law...and I'm not being biased, they truly are amazing!

And though Father's Day isn't for a couple weeks I have to give a quick shout out to my father-in-law, who did the nicest thing in the world for me and I'm honestly still in shock (that may sound a little dramatic after I tell you what he did, but honestly to me this is life-changing!). I came home from Boise Thursday evening to find he had been working on our house ALL week (he came up for Hannah's baby blessing last weekend and I don't think he was planning on staying so long but being the goodhearted soul that he is he stayed and gave us the greatest gift ever). Thanks to him our tiling will be done this week, we've nearly figured out our carpet, gotten the ball rolling on a bunch of other remodel stuff that was stagnant, and here's the shocker...I now have a dishwasher in my kitchen!

I know most of you must think we're living in the dark ages over here, I mean who doesn't have a dishwasher these days? Unfortunately our kitchen wasn't designed with modern technology in mind and I'm sure the plumbing and installation was no easy feat...but I am in heaven! Not sure what I'll do with all my free time now that I don't have to wash all our dishes by hand, but I'm sure I'll find something! :)

Thank you husband John and papa John...you guys are my heroes!

1 comments:

Keely said...

YAY!!! That will be awesome to put some open projects to a close. And I'm happy you have a dishwasher! That will make it so much easier- especially with all the baby stuff (binkies, bottles, etc.) Yippee!

P.S- You have you're mom's eyes. I love it!