Sunday, June 15, 2008

My new favorite book

I had some stuff from my Relief Society lesson today that I was going to blog about, but I am so addicted/obsessed/enthralled with this book that I'm reading that I pretty much can't think about anything else. Although I don't often say a book is a must read (as all people have different tastes), I just can't help but rave about this one. Seriously, if I could choose to be the author of any book out there it would have to be: I have to be honest, I'm not quite through with it so hopefully the ending won't require an amendment to this post. But the style and writing of the author Markus Zusak is so brilliant and creative that I can't imagine changing my opinion. If any of you are looking for a good summer read, go check it out. In the mean time, my nose is stuck in this book.

2 comments:

brie said...

I wrote a blog about this book too! Isn't it amazing??? At the end I couldn't stop sobbing, it was so life changing, and I didn't know why I was crying - was it because it was so good, or so sad, or because I was sad it was over? All of the above, I think. I'm glad you like it!

We should hang out. Wanna?

Unknown said...

Courtney,

Hey it's Laura (Matthews) Walker from good old HHS. I was totally blog stalking and looking at your blog and found this post and couldn't help but comment. I absolutely loved this book. I read about a month ago and could not put it down. By far one of my most favorite books! I'm so glad you enjoyed it as well.

It's been fun reading your blog. I admire you for your strength and courage. Thanks for sharing your uplifting thoughts.