John and I decided to take a last minute camping/hiking/backpacking trip this weekend. We love to hike in the Uintas but since there's still a lot of snow up there we decided to head down south to Boulder Mountain. Unfortunately, I was sicker than a dog on Friday (this was definitely a 24 hour flu thing, not a prego thing) so we had to stop at about every gas station from Salt Lake to Teasdale. Not even the Sprite would work it's magic so I was pretty dehydrated and worn out when we finally made it to Lower Bowns Lake Friday night. Thankfully, a good night's rest can do wonders. Even though we were crammed in the back of our Subaru I slept like a champ! I wish I had some pictures of our cozy accommodations but I was too tired to even think of pulling out the camera.


I tried to get a picture of John catching a fish, but unfortunately I don't have the patience (nor the love of fishing) and I was usually off reading a book or writing in my journal when he actually hooked one.

The water looks green and murky, but it was actually really blue and clear. Must be the reflection of the trees.

It was so refreshing to get away from everything and spend some time in solitude.
We had a great time, but I think this will be my last backpacking trip for a while. Pregnancy is introducing me to a new level of fatigue and I came home one stiff, hungry, and tired camper. I don't think I would've made a very good pioneer, I love my pillow-top mattress too much!

2 comments:
Hey Court, looks like you guys had fun! Sorry we couldn't make it. Thank you for your comment, that really meant a lot to me. You guys will be incredible parents too!
I know what you mean about pregnancy bringing "a new level of fatigue." I could absolutely not function without an hour-long nap every day, sometimes two! You definitely deserve it - your body is working overtime!
Post a Comment