Monday, September 1, 2008

Lots of labor on Labor Day

No, probably not the kind of labor you're all thinking, though I wish it were already that time, but it's probably a good thing considering we have a million and one things to do before the baby comes. We've been working like crazy on our house--well, maybe I should rephrase...John's been working like crazy on our house and I just like to pose with the nail gun pretending to help!

I still have no idea where this guy gets his endless energy and brilliant ideas, I mean there are very few people in this world who even attempt, let alone succeed, to put up crown molding by themselves. I really was planning on helping out today, since trying to hold the entire molding up against the ceiling with one hand and shooting the nails with the other is a bit difficult. But unfortunately, I've devoured a few too many of the nectarines off our tree out back and pretty sure one of them must of had a bug or worm or something in it because the extent of my day has been traveling from the couch to the bathroom to the couch to the bathroom...you get the picture. Not fun.
I think I may now have to add nectarines to the growing list of foods I won't be able to eat for a while.

5 comments:

Katie said...

Hey guys, good for you! Your house looks awesome. I can't wait to see it. Sorry for the nectarine incident... not a fun thing. You look really cute! We can't wait to see you on the 14th.

The Lambs said...

Wow!!! So ambitious you are! It's fun to be so invested in your home and family. You're a rockstar! Go Courto- I love you!

Anonymous said...

You're right, Courtney. You were meant for power tools! You totally mean business!

KC said...

huzzah! let's read it together. I always love having reading buddies. lemme know when it arrives.

Katie M. said...

Oh my dear girl. When your blog opened and the first thing I saw was, "Lots of Labor on Labor Day", I thought, WHAT?!??!?!??! Phewy! You got me there, Court. Very tricky:))

I'm glad to see that cute little bump is making progress and growing. ENjoy it now because trust me, you (your belly, that is) get bigger and you then look back on your 20-weekers and think, Man I was small!!! You look great! And def. hot with the tool in your hand, you hard core woman you.