Monday, December 7, 2009

Courtney 1 ED 0

Dear Courtney,

See, I knew you wouldn't be able to do it. Yeah, you try...but your efforts are never good enough. You're too weak to stay "strong" when it gets tough. So why try anymore? It's too hard. The pain is never-ending and it won't be worth it in the end. And you know how fat and gross you feel after eating that monstrous lunch today? Well that feeling will NEVER go away. The only way you can feel better is to skimp on dinner tonight and go back to losing weight, not gaining. I know you don't like me but that's too bad because you can't survive without me. Sure, some people can recover, but not you. You're too far gone for hope.

Sorry,
ED

ED (you're not worth the title "dear"),

If I weren't so sick and tired of you I would be laughing. Because you are SO full of it! First off, I AM doing it. You try to trick me into thinking imperfection=failure, but that's not true. Imperfection just means I'm human and as long as I'm moving in the right direction I'll be just fine. You're right that it's hard and at times it feels like the pain will never end. But it ALWAYS passes and I know it will be more than worth it in the end. Sometimes I don't want to try, but there are other things (my beautiful son, my amazing husband, wonderful family and friends) that matter more than doing what's easy.

Second, you say I can't survive without you, but that is a twisted lie. The truth is YOU cannot survive without ME. You're scared because you know I'm the one with real power and control, not you. You survive by lies, fear, and darkness. I survive by truth, faith, and light. No one, including myself, is an exception to truth. And the truth is that progression is ALWAYS possible. No matter how desperate or grim the situation there is ALWAYS a choice to choose the better part. No matter how dark things seem there is ALWAYS room for light.

There is always hope.

Courtney

7 comments:

Whitney said...

Court,

I'm sorry that I had to bail on Friday. My friend's dad was really sick and hospitalized so I ended up hanging out with them.

I just wanted to let you know how proud of you I am for writing these letters. You are right, YOU are STRONGER than Ed. Keep fighting and let me know when you want to hang out!

Whit

Katie said...

Court, you are amazing, do you know that? Sock that ED in the face for me!

Adam and Rachel said...

Thanks for your nice email the other day Courto. I'm excited to see you over Christmas, if possible! You are such a role model to me. You can do it!

Katie M. said...

Yeah Ed has no clue how strong you are.

All I can say is, just keep praying.
The Lord is stronger than anything.
Keep him on your side- I know you are!


You are TOUGH TOUGH BEANS, WOMAN!
I believe in you!

I think we need a girls night out. Ice skating and a movie.


Can't wait to see you.

Joel, Mollie & Tait Diamond said...

Love you Court.

Keely said...

YAY!! You can do this Courtney! I'm here for you. (hug) Kick Ed in the bum. Haiiii-ya!

brie said...

you freaking kick ass and take names.