Feeling my baby kick……worrying about how much weight I’m gaining
Cleaning my house……wallowing in misery over how dusty, dirty, and messy my house it
Spending time with people I love……isolating and feeling unworthy of people’s love
Taking things one step at a time……trying to do everything at once
Getting up early and talking a walk……staying cooped up in the house all day
Doing my best……thinking I should have done better
Being adventurous and daring to try……letting fear and doubt dictate my life
Having a healthy, strong body with plenty of energy……being so underweight I can barely make it up the stairs
Finding ways to help and serve others……feeling sorry for myself and dwelling on my challenges
Being a good friend……worrying about what other people think of me
Working hard……being complacent
Dreaming about things I’d like to do……buying in to the negative thoughts that tell me I’ll never succeed
Having the courage to ask for help……trying to do everything on my own
Being patient with myself……beating myself up when I make mistakes
Eating nutritiously……depriving my body of the nourishment it needs
Opening my mind to new possibilities……staying stuck in rigidity
Learning to laugh and adapt when things don’t go as planned……freaking out when my routine is disrupted
Letting go of things I can’t control……Refusing to relinquish control
Facing my fears, challenges, problems—and dealing with them head on……displacing my fears, challenges, problems—and turning my body into the target of all my frustrations
Finding inner validation of my self-worth……looking for outward validation of my self-worth
Eating ice cream and loving it……eating ice cream and feeling guilty
Trying to view myself and others as God would……viewing myself and others by the measurements of the world
Picking myself up each time I fall……Deciding to give up after the discouragement of a fall
Laughing when I’m happy, crying when I’m sad……Being so numb I can’t laugh or cry
Being humble enough to admit when I’ve made a mistake and having the courage to right my wrong……Continuing down the wrong path when pride and embarrassment keep me from admitting my error
Believing that despite all my weaknesses, I am essentially good……Believing that because of all my weaknesses, I am essentially bad
Looking forward with hope……looking back with regret

3 comments:
what a great post. thanks court! and thanks for your sweet comments. it was so great to see you! not that i mind any of your comments on my blog but should you ever need it, my email is lanagirl87@yahoo.com. i am so proud of you and how far you've come. thanks for being such a great friend! take care!
I love to have the opportunity to share in your thoughts. You are a great thinker, and those things that you are now understanding will be of help to others as you share them. Keep smiling!
You are amazing. Thank you for posting this. It was helpful. Thank you
Post a Comment