Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Hope

“Do not let your fire go out, spark by irreplaceable spark in the hopeless swamps of the not-quite, the not-yet, and the not-at-all. Do not let the hero in your soul perish in lonely frustration for the life you deserved and have never been able to reach. The world you desire can be won. It exists.. it is real.. it is possible.. it's yours.”


― Ayn RandAtlas Shrugged

I haven't read Atlas Shrugged but this is one of my all time favorite quotes. It's easy for me to get discouraged and wonder why I haven't been able to do more with my life, why I have spent years and years struggling with my eating disorder instead of pursuing the dreams of my heart.

But every time I read this quote it rekindles some kind of flame inside me. It reminds me that it doesn't really matter what has happened in the past, and it certainly doesn't help to focus on the mistakes I've made or the things I wish I would've done differently. It doesn't even really matter where we are in life or how far we are from where we want to be. What matters is that we not give up. That we hold on to hope and keep believing that what we truly desire is not out of reach. 

I have a lot more on my mind that I want to blog about so I'll be back soon, but I had an unexpected spare moment and I wanted to quickly share these thoughts.

2 comments:

Libby said...

I still follow this blog Courtney! I'm glad you're back. You so wonderful. Oh, how I wish I could be back in Utah with my neat cousins.

Libby said...

Oh, and here's our family blog. http://dibbfamily.blogspot.com/