I make this way more difficult than it needs to be. Really, when it comes down to it here is my solution:
JUST EAT!!!!!
Pretty sure if I can do better at that all my other problems will sort themselves out. There's no use in trying to make sense of life when you've got a starving brain. There's lots of research out there that shows that not eating enough really does make you crazy (seriously, go check out this link on the Minnesota starvation experiment...the first part may bore you but read the last two paragraphs, and remember these were men that had NO eating issues to begin with!).
The problem is once your brain is starving and your thinking is irrational it is a lot harder to see things logically and what should be very simple becomes very complex. What is just a bowl of oatmeal in my stomach becomes a consuming mass of guilt, regret, failure, panic, confusion, and uncertainty. But the only way to change that is to eat it, sit with it, and realize that indeed, after all, it was just a bowl of oatmeal.
On another note, just have to give myself props for writing this entire post one-handed with a sleeping babe in the other arm. Excuse the not-so-cute early morning photo but I think babies are so precious when they're asleep! :)

4 comments:
Court, you are awesome! We love you and can't wait to see you this next week! I'm going to go read that article, it sounds interesting.
Cute baby! Miss u court!
You look WAAAAYYYY better than I do in the morning. :) Want to chill tomorrow? I get out of my test at 3:30pm. Maybe we could go for a walk or grab a bite?
Love you Courtney! Thanks for being so awesome.
Post a Comment