
I have a whole lot on my mind right now but I'm not really sure how to put it into words. I'm confused. Angry. Demoralized. Trying oh so hard to be humble and patient but feeling like I don't know what to trust.
I know I'm being vague, maybe I'll feel like writing a more detailed blog post soon, but I'm not sure how much of my fun life I want out there in cyberspace. I just needed to vent.
On a more positive note:
- I have one fabulous husband whose patience astounds me.
- My almost 2 yr old is a crack-up. Seriously, I want to eat him up he is so much fun! And this is no evidence of my parenting skills, but he now knows his entire alphabet and numbers 1-11 (random, but for some reason he loves 11, and sometimes he'll add 18 in there as well).
- Baby girl is quite the kicker. There is nothing I love more than feeling a baby tumbling around in my tummy. Even if she's sitting on my bladder 24/7 and waking me up multiple times a night.
- General conference was wonderful as always. I particularly loved Elder Uchtdorf's talk Saturday morning and I can't wait to read it once they get the text up online but here's a great summary of it if you didn't happen to catch it. Even if you're not much of a religious person I seriously encourage you to read it! But if clicking on the link is too hard :) here are a few of my favorite quotes:
When stress levels rise, when distress appears, when tragedy strikes, too often we attempt to keep the same frantic pace or even accelerate, thinking that the more rushed our pace, the better off we will be. (He went on to say that when things are hard sometimes we need to SLOW DOWN).
However, he explained, it is easy to be busy. We can all think of a list of tasks that will overwhelm our schedule. Some might even think that their self-worth depends on the length of their to-do list. They flood the open spaces in their time with lists of meetings and minutia — even during times of stress and fatigue. Because they unnecessarily complicate their lives, they often feel increased frustration, diminished joy and too little sense of meaning in their lives.
Strength comes not from frantic activity but from being settled on a firm foundation of truth and light.
Let us simplify our lives a little. Let us make the changes necessary to refocus our lives on the sublime beauty of the simple, humble path of Christian discipleship — the path that leads always toward a life of meaning, gladness, and peace.
Monday, October 4, 2010
Quote of the day
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
Come down to St. George, we'll play. We wish you guys lived closer!!!
Post a Comment