I promised myself after my last post that I'd blog about something positive next but when I goggled "taking one step at a time" this was the first thing I saw. I just thought it was too funny not to post. Maybe because this is how I feel a lot, like even one step forward will kill me. I guess if a step forward feels like too much then maybe I need to work on my side-shuffling. Because in the end it doesn't really matter if the way we progress is linear or conventional or straightforward. Sometimes moving forward means admitting we need to back up and change direction. Because a step forward in the wrong direction can be lethal.
On a more positive note, we got so much accomplished around the house this weekend that this morning when I woke up I could barely recognize my surroundings. I know my well-being shouldn't be dependent on external circumstances or environment because there's only so much you can control (especially with a 1 year old whose favorite thing to do is empty bookshelves, cupboards, drawers, baskets, anything that can be emptied or destroyed, he's on it! ) but I still think there's real value to organizing your home and life to reduce anxiety and stress. I always dread the process of cleaning and decluttering but the great feeling afterward is worth all the hard work! So my challenge for the week is to see just how long we can go before our house once again resembles the aftermath of hurricane Katrina. Wish me luck!

1 comments:
He he! Cartoon irony... :)
I love when you said "Sometimes moving forward means admitting we need to back up and change direction. Because a step forward in the wrong direction can be lethal." I am right there with ya. Sleep can be restorative and calming, but it can also be my nemesis...
You don't have to write something positive if you don't feel like it. I get worried sometimes when I have a streak of negative posts, that people will think that I'm morbid or a negative person. But things always turn around sooner or later and I am writing about funny experiences or "aha!" moments. Writing about the rough times really helps me because then I can just put it out there and then mentally throw it away.
Basically what I\'m trying to say is whether you're having a rough time or are on cloud nine, I love reading about your life and experiences. Especially with little J "helping" you out around the house. :)
Lets hang out soon, k? :)
Post a Comment