We got hit HARD by the flu a couple weeks ago...well actually I got hit hard by the flu, little j had a mild case of the flu (thank you flu shots!) but he got hit hard by infantigo (he had a staph or strep infection all over his chin and leg), and big j miraculously stayed perfectly healthy. I hate being sick, but I love how I feel once I start to get better. I sometimes wish I didn't have to take the bitter with the sweet, but I'm always grateful (after the fact) that experiencing pain, hardship, etc. makes the good in life seem SO wonderful. I've just been basking and reveling in all the wonderful energy I've had this last week and it's so great to feel healthy!
I don't really haven anything profound or exciting or inspirational to say, but I decided (again) that I kinda want to change how I use this blog. A little while back I thought it might be helpful for me to set some goals and keep myself accountable on here, but I've since realized that I have no problem with my goals. In fact, I think I have the opposite problem. I become nearly obsessed with setting goals and accomplishing things and I forget to slow down and. just. enjoy. the. moment.
So I think this blog will just be whatever I need in the moment I'm in. Right now, I don't need to point out all the things I still struggle with or all the areas in which I need improvement. Yep, those are still there, but right now I need to give myself credit. Because I have come a LONG way. Change can be so imperceptible, so gradual, that we fail to give ourselves credit for the hard earned progress we've made.
I'm not a perfect mom, but I'm doing my best.
My health is not ideal, but I'm taking steps toward my goal.
I still feel lots of confusion about what I want to "do" with my life, but that doesn't mean I can't enjoy what I'm doing today. Because how in the world could anything be more fun than this?
(Please ignore the painful mommy and just watch the cute baby and listen to his irresistible laugh)
Friday, November 20, 2009
Random Post
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Oh my cuteness, okay, he's adorable. Oh, and the "painful mommy" is probably why he is so adorable!
I just have to tell you that Grace and I watched this video about 20 times today! She thought it was so funny.
Post a Comment