Thursday, November 5, 2009

Faith vs Fear

I've been thinking a lot about fear lately. And how often I let my fears keep me stuck. But rather than listing all the things I'm afraid of and how I am so frustrated that I do this or that, I'm going to list a few of the ways I HAVE been facing my fears. Because I had a pretty cool realization the other day. I often feel like I have to wait for my fear to be gone before I can move forward, but I was reading this talk (seriously, so good go check it out) and it reminded me that it doesn't matter that I still have fear, doubt, ambivalence, and apathy at times. It just matters that my courage be a little stronger than my fear, my faith be a little greater than my doubt, my commitment be a little stronger than my ambivalence, and my love be a little greater than my apathy.

So even though these might sound like small, insignificant things, I think it's important for us to acknowledge that sometimes it can be REALLY hard to even do the little stuff.

- I have been trying to get out and do things with people and I'm grateful for some awesome friends that make me feel like maybe I'm not so crazy.

- I'm slowly but surely looking into some volunteer ideas and I've also been trying to do some random acts of kindness (taking flowers to my grandmas, making my hubby b-fast in bed just for fun, taking my mom soup after she had surgery, even just being more friendly with the grocery store clerk, etc). I could still do a lot better in this area because I tend to get wrapped up in my own problems but I'm really trying.

- I'm looking into taking a class or two this winter and I'm trying to remind myself that taking one class doesn't mean I need to have my whole life plan figured out

- I've been working my rear-end off to wean little J and it is miraculously starting to work! And even more miraculously is how much better he is now sleeping! Hallelujah, I won't be nursing my boy when he goes off to college!

There are some other things I've been working on where the progress is a little slower than I'd like, but no matter the speed, progress is progress and I'm still plugging away!

0 comments: