I know I'm always raving and ranting about certain books, but here's another one I think everyone should add to their "must read list". Maybe I'm biased because I do in fact love to run, but even if I weren't a runner I still think I would have thoroughly enjoyed this book.
Plus, I now have a new favorite mantra that I've adapted from a quote in this book:
There's nothing wrong with me that cannot be cured by what is right with me
(I know, it's an old Bill Clinton political quote but I still love it)
Maybe I just read this book at the right moment, because I've been rediscovering my love for running over the last couple months. In some ways I feel like my life has come full circle...though some might argue my relationship with exercise was borderline obsessive prior to developing a full fledged eating disorder (and it probably was) I would also say that one of the main reasons I started running was because I LOVED it! Exercise is one of the best mood enhancers, energy boosters, and stress reducers out there and lately it has also been a huge motivator for me to be healthy...because exercise is only fun and rewarding if you're adequately fueling your body. I know I have the tendency to go from 0 to 90 in 2 seconds and to turn healthy things into obsessions so I'm going to keep myself in check and make sure I'm not overdoing it (no Wasatch 100 miler for me this year, but some day I'd love to finish that race!), but at the same time it feels so good to renew one of my long lost passions.
P.S. Thanks to this book I ran a couple miles barefoot the other day and it was awesome! I am now dying for these shoes (don't laugh, I'm serious!).

7 comments:
Court, you never cease to amaze me! Oh, and those are pretty rockin' shoes!!!
I want some of those shoes to. Haha my roommate thinks I am nuts. But sadly I can no longer run. I to have a strong love for running, but due to my foot deformity I will no longer be able to run long distances. BUT I STILL want a pair of those shoes....
oooh never read that book before. have to add it to the list.
and what do you mean you ran a few miles barefoot? may i ask what possessed you to do so?
I've seen these shoes around Philly actually.... i don't know if I could do them being a purist on Asics, but do let me know if you end up getting some..
glad you're out running again! that's fantastic! interested in doing a half with me in August or sept??
talk soon!
xoxo
I need to read that book. And if you get those shoes I want to know what you think of them. I've been wanting to try them out for awhile.
Just looking at those shoes makes me uncomfortable. Toe socks....gross, toe shoes...NO WAY. When you get these, send me a pic of you rockin them.
This is a growing trend here in Portland- one of my friends out here has been using those shoes for a few months now and we went walking the other day around the neighborhood barefoot. Pretty sweet :) Thinking of you today Court! Hope things are well. I am psyched for the nice outdoor weather, that's for sure!
my friend has those shoes! i don't know if i could take having something between my toes like that? but otherwise, they sound great. i'll have to check that book out. it looks good.
Post a Comment