Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Back from paradise

Aloha!!! I'm in a somewhat zombie-like state as I type this because John and I took the red-eye home from Hawaii Monday night and I still haven't been able to catch up on sleep. We had such a blast on Oahu and Kauai with John's brother Tom and his wife Tawnie, and since I'm not very coherent all you're going to get right now are some pictures.

Overlooking Waikiki from the top of Diamond Head crater

Hanging out at the pool in Kauai

Hiking the Kalalau trail along the Na Pali coast

Hanakapi'ai Falls

John about to get pummeled by the falls

More Na Pali coast

It was kind of foggy, but the views were still incredible

Kayaking the Wailua river

Tom and Tawnie at Secret Falls where we kayaked to

John relaxing on the lawn by our hotel in Kauai

"Hanging" out in the jungle

Tom and Tawnie snorkeling in Queen's bath

Queen's bath, right after we snorkeled, and right before we got drenched by a huge wave that almost swept away our camera (good thing I had just put it in it's waterproof case!)

Sunset on Kauai

Waimea Canyon overlook

Amazing tree climber at the Polynesian Cultural Center, just look at those muscles!

The beautiful Laie temple

Watching the crazy surfers and boogie boarders at Sandy beach

Pictures don't even begin to show how big these waves were!

Manoa Falls

The Pali overlook

Well, that was more pictures than I was going to post, but it's too hard to pick and choose. I have more details to write about, but that will have to wait until I actually wake up!

1 comments:

Katie said...

Aloha Court! I'm glad you guys had a nice trip. Your pictures are awesome! Welcome back to the mainland.