RSL 4 - DC United 0
Yep, that was the final score of last Saturday's game. Most of you who know John would agree that he is pretty "passionate" about soccer. I've become quite the fan myself. It started (at least for me) with the BYU club games when we were first married, a spring co-ed soccer class where John laughed at me getting slide tackled by one of two twin Brazilian superstars (until he realized I'd actually hurt my knee...and don't ask me what they were doing in a beginner class in the first place), many Saturdays attending the San Jose Earthquakes-where we stood out since a lot of the cheers were in Spanish, and then the excitement after moving back to Salt Lake when it was announced we'd be getting an expansion team. We were there at the opening game, which actually landed us on RSL's website for a while since we were on the 2nd row
, and we've been there ever since. While I can't claim to be quite as loyal as John, who tries to catch most home games and watches away games when possible; considering all the games I've been to, (especially when it was one loss after another), I'd call myself a pretty committed fan. And I have to give credit to Michelle, Will, and especially Helen since they've braved some of the rainiest, windiest, and coldest games.
Even though people have been saying this for a long time, I think RSL has finally go
t a great team. They are so fun to watch and it just feels really good to see all of their hard work finally start to pay off. And I know John will be shocked to hear me say this, but I can't wait for the next game! Especially since the new Scottish player Kenny Deuchar, aka Dr. Goals (yes, he really is a doctor!), is pretty darn cute! :)
Monday, April 14, 2008
Loyalty Pays Off
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Random comment....
I work at Xango now so I get to watch RSL practice on our soccer field. I am not a huge soccer fan but I do really enjoy sitting on my lunch break watching them kick around the ball.
Anyway, I am glad that you are having fun watching them!
Love Always,
Whit
P.S. I have a recovery blog so if you want to take a peak, the web address is eatingdisorderssuck.blogspot.com
You guys are just plain fun. What a good wife you are to hang out with my brother and his crazy obsessions. haha. But... we still love him eh?
Post a Comment